Who is eligible for a grant?
Our Eligibility Requirements provide information about who is eligible for funding from The Goizueta Foundation.
What is the geographic scope of The Goizueta Foundation’s funding?
The Foundation provides funding to organizations within the 10-county metropolitan Atlanta area, including the following counties:
However, the Foundation reserves the right to fund organizations that may fall outside our geographic parameters.
What activities and services are not funded by The Goizueta Foundation?
In general, we DO NOT fund:
- Annual fund drives (i.e., membership drives)
- Event or conference sponsorships
- Grants to individuals
- Awards, prizes or competitions
- Capital campaigns
- General operating expenses
- Operating deficits or retirement of debt
- Political campaigns
- Legislative lobbying to influence elections
- Government agencies
We also DO NOT fund organizations that provide the following services:
- Animal protection and wildlife preservation (including zoos and aquariums)
- Arts and culture
- Civil rights, social action and advocacy
- Community improvement (including community action agencies and chambers of commerce)
- Conservation/environments (including environmental education, gardens, and nature centers)
- Emergency disasters and safety
- Food, nutrition and agriculture
- Health-related and medical research
- Higher education (excluding preselected institutions)
- Housing development
- International organizations
- Legislative or lobbying associations
- Membership benefit
- Mental health, counseling and crisis intervention
- Professional associations/membership organizations
- Public foundations and community funds
- Public policy and affairs
- Public school districts
- Public schools (including individual charter schools)
- Recreational and social clubs
- Religious organizations and/or religious orders
- Temporary homeless shelters
However, the Foundation reserves the right to fund organizations that may fall outside our current areas of interest.
Does The Goizueta Foundation make grants to individuals?
No, the Foundation does not make grants to individuals.
Does The Goizueta Foundation provide scholarships?
Does The Goizueta Foundation fund Hispanic/Latino initiatives or give preference to Hispanic/Latino causes?
The Goizueta Foundation does not give preference to Hispanic/Latino causes. However, the Foundation may fund Hispanic/Latino initiatives if they meet our Eligibility Requirements.
Does The Goizueta Foundation fund religious organizations?